Saturday, April 23, 2011

Katy Trail (Tandem) -- 3.1 miles in 26:42

I did it. I ran a 5k barefoot. My friend Edwin and I just got back from our Katy Trail run and I am proud to report I broke the 3 mi barrier. We did stop for a 1 minute rest at 1.5 miles, but even adding that time in, its better than my previous 5k in VFFs.

I felt a lot more confident this time, as far as my form was concerned. The same parts of my pads are tender, so I think I'll give it about 2 days rest until my next run.

My warm up consisted of foam rolling my glutes, calves, IT band, quads and hamstrings for about 2-3 minutes each. My prerun fuel was a bowl of Kashi Go Lean Crunch in organic non-fat milk. My recovery was a bowl of mixed fruit.

All in all, not a bad start to the Easter weekend...

1 comment:

  1. a team of two horses so harnessed......any arrangement of two things in which one is placed behind the other
    in tandem together or in conjunctionTandem Trailers

    ReplyDelete